Friday, December 3, 2010

Rogue Hazelnut Brown Nectar

Brewer: Rogue
Style: Brown Ale
ABV: 4.8%

The first thing to be said about this brew is it has an amazing aroma, as soon as I opened it my kitchen was filled with the rich sent of hazelnut. It was rather intoxicating. The initial pour released a thick foaming head and watching the reddish brown color appear below the head created a beautiful contrast.

Ok I was a little overzealous with the pour but what can ya do?


The flavor of this beer is primarily hazelnut with a nice malty finish. The hazelnut isn't like the syrup you'd add to your "on every corner" coffee. It gives a lingering hazelnut aftertaste that is quite enjoyable.

Rogue continues with the use of their pacman yeast which gives their beer its distinct flavor. With a low IBU of 33 there is really no bite to this beer and it has a very smooth character.

All in all I would give this beer a B+. Granted I'm not a huge brown ale drinker but this is one I would like to keep around and enjoy from time to time.

Keep on drinkin'
Roy

No comments:

Post a Comment