Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Magic Hat Howl

Brewer: Magic Hat
Style: Schwarzbier
ABV: 4.6%

Magic Hat #9 is a good go to beer in bars that cater more to the "lite." I sadly have yet to visit the brewery even though I have family not too far from it. On to the beer!

Magic Hat's Howl which is their winter seasonal or as it says on the top band, Black As Night Winter Lager. As you can see from the pic that is a definite truth. The thin head disappeared quickly. This beer gave off a light aroma of toffee, licorice and was a bit roasty.

Mouth feel is very smooth, almost silky with only mild hints of carbonation.

The taste is fitting for a winter beer, roasted malts, some chocolate, and mild licorice. I find this to be a very drinkable beer, and I could see myself enjoying quite a few of these in a sitting as they go down easy. I wouldn't put this on a personal favorites list though I'm giving it a B

-Roy

More of my photography

No comments:

Post a Comment