Monday, December 13, 2010

Gouden Carolus Noël

It seems as though I am turning into the Stout/Christmas Ale guy of this blog. That's all well and good for me :) The Gouden Carolus Noël is one of the Ale's I picked up not too long ago at the local Whole Foods in Vienna, VA.

This is a classic Belgian Strong Ale that comes in at 10.5% ABV. It pours a magnificent amber color and the aroma is fairly strong with seasonal spices and the smell of a strong ale (alcohol). I highly suggest drinking this at a slightly warmer temperature to enjoy all of the flavors. It has a great taste, but the aftertaste leaves something to be desired. During the aftertaste, it becomes very clear that you're drinking something akin to wine.

I didn't enjoy this as much as the Delirium Noël, but I would taste it again with some friends. I recommend drinking this in small glasses, and sipping on it fairly slowly.

I give this a solid B. Happy Holidays!

-Bo

No comments:

Post a Comment