Thursday, December 2, 2010

Bell's Special Double Cream Stout


I really wanted to do a specific beer for my first review, but unfortunately I could not get the 750ml bottle cold fast enough. My patience wore thin, and I decided to have this fine beer instead.

I picked this up at the Total Wine and More in Fairfax.

This beer hails from Bell's Brewery in Comstock, MI and comes in at 6.1% ABV. It's listed as a sweet stout and seems perfect enough for the winter months. It pours a dark brown sugar color, with not much head. It has a slightly bitter, yet sweet, chocolaty taste in the beginning. Better yet, it actually has a taste that lingers around well after, turning more roasty at the end. It is certainly a heavy beer, but one can expect that from most stouts.

My favorite style of beer is stout. It's great to see so many stouts come alive during the winter season. These beers are the "comfort food" of alcoholic beverages, and the Bell's Special Double Cream Stout is no different.

I will probably tend to stray from numeric ratings, as I have an unsophisticated palate, but I give this beer a thumbs-up. I give this beer an A-

-Bo

No comments:

Post a Comment