Saturday, January 1, 2011

Victory Golden Monkey

Brewer: Victory
Style: Belgian Tripel
ABV: 9.5%

This isn't my first Victory brew, a few months ago I had made a trip to the brewery outside of Philly and enjoyed a few of their many offering, Golden Monkey was not one of them.

The pour was beautiful, a gorgeous golden honey color filled my glass. I could see the small particles of sediment floating around making it translucent liquid. A nice white head thinned down to a beautiful lace.

The aroma was teaming with citrus notes, especially lemon. I was preparing myself for an amazing beer.

The taste was for from simple but not overly complex either. It started with a slight sweetness that turned into balance between hoppy bitterness and citrus. It finishes with a bit a of fruitiness. The aftertaste brought some of the bitterness back and was subtle but lingering. There was also a slight taste of alcohol in the finish which isn't overly surprising at 9.5%.

I really enjoyed this beer and was glad I had a six pack for my imbibing pleasure. I give this a solid A-.

-Roy

No comments:

Post a Comment