Friday, January 7, 2011

Fat Head's Sorcerer


Brewery: Fat Head's Brewery
Style: Belgian Strong Dark Ale
ABV: 9.3%
Country: USA, Pennsylvania

This is the second beer I had while at Fat Heads. Had this one served in a snifter. Body was a dark and hazy brown with a thin, off-white head.

Smell was loaded with lots of licorice with a bit of chocolate to it. Reminded me of sniffing a bag of Good N' Plentys. More licorice showing up in the first sip. Lots of sweetness to be found here. Raisins and chocolate both made an appearance as well. Big wave of sharp alcohol along with more sweetness rounded out the finish.

This is a sipping beer for sure. I'm usually not a big licorice fan, but wasn't put off by this one. It was a bit too sweet and could certainly use some balancing bitterness. The alcohol was a bit to pronounced for my liking as well. Still a yummy beer that I wouldn't argue with. B

No comments:

Post a Comment