Monday, January 24, 2011

Franziskaner hefe-weisse


Brewery: Spaten-Franziskaner-Brau
Style: Hefeweizen
ABV: 5.o%
Country: Germany

I'm actually surprised that it took this long for a German beer to grace this blog. AJ picked this one up while at the Teeter. I'm usually not a Hefeweizen fan, but I wont turn down a free beer. Poured out leaving a huge white-fluffy head. Body was a hazy orange color which was to be expected. Aroma had a slight grassy flavor along with plenty of bananas and wheat. Flavor had lots of wheat and bananas. Its really quite distinct. Some grass flavors and a nice buttery feel which isn't overdone. No bitterness whatsoever in the finish. The high carbonation lends a nice spicy, crisp finish. I can see how this would be a great beer for a hot day. I really enjoyed this one which was a nice surprise. B+

No comments:

Post a Comment