Saturday, January 15, 2011

Ed Hardy Premium Beer

Brewer: Cerveceria Mexicana
Style: Lager
ABV: ???
Country: Mexico

Saw this at Total Wine and figured what the heck? This is the same Ed Hardy known for covering every conceivable surface in gaudy tattoos. At checkout I noticed that the clerk had the title "Lead Beer Consultant" on his name tag. I told him I was surprised he didn't say anything about the Ed Hardy. He told me that given the other beers I was purchasing, he figured I was playing a joke on someone. So yeah... playing a joke on myself here.

Poured a golden yellow color. Had a bright white head about a finger thick that dissipated quickly.

The aroma was of sour grains and damp straw, not terribly pleasing.

A bit of sweetness and not much else. A bit grassy. No bitterness no aftertaste. There really isn't anything to be found here. Not as bad as I expected it to be, but I don't want to have to drink this again. I didn't pour it out so I wont give it an F. But still, there is nothing premium about this beer. D-

No comments:

Post a Comment